NO, NOT THAT!
The importance of distinguishing the difference between what I want more of in my life and what I want less of is really important.
If I am the creative force in my life, then I will have influence over outcomes.
In other words, I hold significant power to design my life.
This is not to say that there will be events out of my control, because there will be.
Instead it's about about what I do with the rest of my time, awake and present. How do I use it to craft more of what I want, and less of what I don't.
Lets imagine for a moment that life is always responding to me in partnership, always creating or transforming based on my direction (except, I don't imagine it. I believe it. )
Like a conductor in an orchestra, I can direct the music of my life. Similar to a choreographer, I can design the dance to a large extent.
The Orchestra plays beautifully and everything sounds, feels and looks amazing...
The Orchestra is off key and fumbles it's way through a piece...
NO, NOT THAT!
The dancers are right on the point and everything is "ON!"
The dancers are listless and everything feels difficult and tedious.
NO, NOT THAT!
Notice and affirm, or notice and deny.
Begin to play with the idea that you direct the energy of your life with your thoughts, just by noticing...
Let me give you an example relating the concept to my morning:
- I get out of bed and find that my husband has prepared my coffee- YES, that!
- I drink my coffee and instead of relaxing in a meditative state I start to spin on a to-do list in my mind- No, NOT THAT! (I catch myself instead of continuing on that path and reassert my right to have peace for ten minutes before consciously choosing that task, next).
- After my coffee, I calmly sit and write out the thoughts on the to-do list that were trying to spin me up and note that I will get through the list calmly and without added drama over the course of the day. YES, THAT!
- My friend texts me later in the day and asks me for a date this summer and we text about the fun things we can think about doing- YES! THAT!
- That same friend asks if I can spontaneously get together sooner for a glass of wine during what seems to be an already hectic upcoming week, so my stomach clenches and I listen because I know that's my body telling me NO, NOT THAT, and I politely decline.
- I start to think about how overwhelmed I am about the upcoming summer and the change of routine and I begin to feel agitated- NO., NOT THAT!
- I sit and create a calendar to begin to collect and manage the upcoming changes for our calendar with a side- list of all the loose thoughts and activities that have no set calendar date yet, and now I can breathe easy, - Yes, THAT!
While it might seem like a lot of extra work, just think of your life without it. Without the noticing and the affirming, you become victim and reaction to each thing that comes up, and trust me- things will come up, and they will keep coming because you've never said:
YES to the things you want and NO to the things that you don't!
Spend this time to train life to respond to your design requirements, and you'll start noticing more of what you want and less of what you don't, because the no's won't cross your path as much.
Once it's trained, it's ingrained.
YES, you can co-create with the universe.
Do you want to develop your life-design muscle and manifest more of what you want in life and less of what you don't? I'd love to help.